What’s Your Pitch- Innovations Meet the Market- USPAACC-SE
*Registration Deadline Extended*- April 30, 2019
Hosted by the Georgia MBDA Business & Advanced Manufacturing Centers
“What’s Your Pitch: Innovations Meet the Market“ is a unique pitching competition. Early stage startups with innovative ideas, products and/or services will compete at Regional Preliminary Round of choice to become one of 5 semi-finalists of that region to compete at the National Semi-Final and Final Rounds in June 2019. They will enjoy the opportunity to pitch to a panel judges from Fortune 1000 Corporations, Venture Capitalists, and Angel Investors. Five finalists will be selected for the Final Round to receive a total value of $100,000 in cash prizes and services.
“What’s Your Pitch: Innovations Meet the Market” is hosted by the US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation (USPAACC) in partnership with the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, Rice University.
Top 5 at each Regional Preliminary Competition will win cash prizes for travel and accommodation to National Semi-Final and Final Rounds.
June 4, 2019 | Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University
(20 semifinalists will be chosen)
June 5, 2019 | Hilton-Americas Houston
(At CelebrASIAN Procurement + Business Conference)
Startups that join the Elimination round will:
- Be a part of USPAACC Pitch Alums Social Group and connect with past competitions’ semi-finalists and finalists.
- Join USPAACC Young Entrepreneur Membership which will give access to discounted and/or free National and regional events.
- Attend USPAACC CelebrAsian 2019 Procurement and Business Conference, the largest gathering of Asian American B2B business in the United States.
- Enjoy networking opportunities with potential angel investors, venture capitalists, high growth entrepreneurs, potential partners, access to clients, Corporation Executives and SME business owners at USPAACC CelebrAsian 2019.
4 Finalists will receive:
- Cash-prizes only, no equity or ownership from investors.
- 30-minute one-on-one Coaching session with successful Entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley.
- PR articles on USPAACC website and credible marketing value to finalists.
- Startup names on USPAACC “What’s Your Pitch” site and social media platforms.
- One-on-one advisory meetings with USPAACC professionals to help guide your business strategy.
- Matched mentorship opportunities and ability to gain business guidance from those who have expertly pioneered your industry.
Rules and Eligibilities
- Teams that have won/placed in past competitions are not eligible to compete again unless they have a new technology or a completely new venture.
- Each team may bring up to 5 team members including the team leader. A minimum of 2 team members must be present in every round and those team members must meet the eligibilities above.
Categories / Sectors
Must fall into one of the following categories:
- Consumer Goods
Food and Beverages, Cosmetics & Fashion, B2C Mobile Apps
- Life Science & Healthcare
Medical Technologies, Medical Device, Healthcare IT Solutions, Biotech, Biopharma
AI, Blockchain, Machine Learning, 3D Printing, Cybersecurity, Robotics, IoT, Enterprise Software, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality
- Energy & Utilities
Clean Energy, Renewable Energy, Sustainability, Transportation & Mobility, Hybrid Vehicles, Natural Gas, Oil & Gas Technologies
- All ventures have to be seeking equity/ capital/ early stage investments or angel investments. We do not provide, research grants, loans, friends and family funding or any accelerator, incubator equity funding.
- All ventures have to be for-profits.
An IP is not required but highly recommended.
- Only new ventures in early growth, seed and start-up stage can compete at this competition.
- You may compete in the USPAACC competition more than once. Previous applicants should have new technology or ventures and will be reviewed by the Committee.
- Startups that have raised more than $1 million in equity capital, other than from friends and family.
- Startups that have made $100,000 in revenue per month.
- Startups that operate as or have participated in M&As, growth and/or expansion of existing companies, franchises, licensing agreements and spinouts from current companies.
- Applicants will need to fill in the application form. Once you’ve completed your Eventbrite registration, you will be sent an external email complete with a link to complete the Pitch application.
- Applicants will have the option to upload a short Introduction Video and an Executive Summary.
- There is no fee associated with the application.
- All submitted applications are final.
- Last day to apply is April 30, 2019.