Event Recap: Introduction to Federal Funding for Startups 2022
Connie Casteel, the ATDC SBIR/STTR/Federal Funding expert, hosted a special online event, held during September 20th at 1-2pm. Our speakers described how companies can leverage government funding opportunities to help mature technologies into viable products, with topics such as Types of Federal Funding, Sources of Funding, an Overview of SBIR and STTR Programs, and more!
Developing new products and services is critical in our world today. Often, though, entrepreneurs and small companies struggle to obtain the necessary funding to advance their technologies to the point where they can help solve these important problems. The Federal Government might be an appropriate funding source, but not all funding can be used for all activities, so you must understand the opportunities available, which are best for your company, and when to pursue this funding source.
Presentation topics included:
· Types of federal funding
· Sources of funding
· Tips on identifying the right funding opportunities
· Overview of SBIR and STTR programs, “America’s largest seed fund”
· Eligibility requirements to qualify for funding opportunities
· How ATDC can help you navigate and coach you through the proposal process
· Next steps in pursuing federal funding